If you feel bloated or lethargic after eating you may need to be on a gluten free diet. We all eat too much at times and then we feel tired of so full we have to lie down. This happens now and again. But if this is a regular feeling for you then you might be allergic to gluten. Gluten is found in wheat, and barley, and in rye. It is the part of the wheat that makes bread dough gooey.
But gluten is also the amino acid that causes the digestion problem with those who are gluten sensitive. Gluten actually causes the immune system in our bodies to attack the digestion system. Many do not realize they have this problem. But the numbers are growing as is the awareness of the problem. Right now one in 150 people suffer from gluten sensitivity.
But if you consciously try to eat gluten free you can. The key is to realize you have a problem and work around it, or eat around it as in this case. It is interesting to note that parents of autistic children are having good results with a gluten free diet. It seems that gluten also affects the brain cells of people with autism.
If you have an autistic child make sure to meet with your doctor before you make a diet change. For your own diet you want to also consult with your doctor before changing your diet. If you have nutritionist consult with him or her also.
There are many products on the market to make your job of eating gluten free easier. Before companies started targeting the gluten free population, people had to prepare their own gluten free breads with products like soy flour.
Now you can find many gluten free foods on the super market shelves. There are gluten free pretzels made from potatoes. There are bread mixes gluten free you only have to add water to make. But if you are thinking about how hard it is to eat out at restaurant you are right.
But today there are many eateries that offer gluten free meals on their menus. If you are having problems after you eat you may have a gluten free diet need. The challenge is that this is a problem hard to diagnose by even the most trained doctor. The usual medical procedure is to cut out various foods until the right one is detected that is causing you the problem.
Abdominal pain, bloating, and diarrhea are no fun. But until the correct diagnosis is made you have to suffer. But today with as many people suffering from gluten sensitivity many doctors are suspecting this earlier on. Then you can take steps to change your diet. If you suspect a gluten problem go to your doctor and talk about a gluten free diet to see if it is right for you. The sooner you find out the sooner you can change your diet and start enjoying eating again.
You can find more info about gluten free corn free tortillas at this site.
- The Cooking Route » Cleaning-The-Cupboard Multigrain Bread
- Awesome Bread Shapes And Designs | Interbent
- Potato Bread with Roasted Onions « Bao/Bread
- Bread and Circuses « Laritza's Laws & Cuban Legal Advisor
- Final Four notebook: Bunny suits, unleavened bread & advice for …
- Resurrection of Bread « first year dad
- Eating a Raw Food Diet | Articlewarehouse.com
- Disadvantages of Asian Diet
- Dog's Diet – The Importance Of A Balanced Diet | Feras.co.uk
- All About the Atkins Diet | Ottopedia
- Healthy Diet For Dogs – Aid To Selecting A Healthy Diet For Your …
- Change Your Dog's Diet – Know When To Change It | Feras.co.uk
- New Atkins diet unhealthy, says Kiwi dietician
- Atkins Grapefruit Diet | Feras.co.uk
- DIGESTION: Intestinal Stress, Acid Reflux, GURD – CHEK
- How to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Homeopathy Remedies …
- Digestion and Elimination: Understanding the Importance of Gut Flora
- Yoga for Digestion
- Free Samples of Probios Digestion Support Dog Treats | Free Snatcher
- Doctor Drives Away Patients Who Supported Health Reform « SpeakEasy